St Phil’s Editorial – 15 Aug 2019
This Sunday we are continuing something very new. For the next three (3) weeks in the morning congregations (and then the same will be repeated at the 6pm congregation), we will trial a “seminar-styled sermon”. What this entails is very simple. Instead of the usual church sermon monologue, it will be replaced with a seminar discussing the answers to the questions the congregation raises following the Bible Reading — we’re calling it a “SERMINAR”!
You might be wondering, how will this work? Well this week, our plan is as follows …
- 1 Corinthians 2 is read by the bible reader,
- the congregation will have 4 minutes to write down any question that comes from the bible reading (here are the collated questions from last Sunday … we will keep track of the questions so to try to answer as many as possible these 4 weeks),
- the congregation will sing a song. During the song, questions will be collated;
- the service pray-er will lead the congregation in prayer
- then we will begin the seminar – which should go for 20 mins.
Yes, this is an innovation which we have never tried before. And doing things differently is always a walk into the unknown – and so it will take some getting used to. However, we really do believe that this method will help us engage in God’s word in different ways to a standard sermon.
We’ve learnt a lot since last Sunday and so look forward to implementing feedback but please keep praying with us and we’d really value your feedback during and after the trial!
Yours in Christ,
itsericcheung View All →
Loves Jesus and loves telling people about Him.